The Designers Table
Micro-meetups about the career side of design.
Have meaningful conversations in small groups and make connections to help grow your career in design, right here in Kitchener-Waterloo.
How it works
The idea behind the micro-meetup is that we will form small groups of four people who are looking to learn about similar topics. Here's how it will work (and of course, we’ll be iterating on this):
- Fill out a quick survey to let us know what you are interested in, and save your seat.
- We’ll grab a coffee to get to know you and help determine what group of four designers you will join (don’t worry, you’ll have opportunities to join multiple cohorts).
- Meet with your group (we’ll sort out scheduling, location, etc.) for 3 sessions.
- As we learn more about each other, we’ll find new opportunities to match with other designers and start new groups.
What you’ll get out of it
- Connect with designers of various experience levels for mentorship opportunities (whether you are looking to be a mentor or mentee).
- Learn from other designers on how to help grow and communicate the value of design in your own workplace.
- Get help establishing career goals.
- Access to job opportunities in the area, help with resumes, and salary insights.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know it’s for me?
Have you ever wondered where your career in design can take you? Whether you have a clear goal, or are frustrated because you don’t know what your options are… you’re not alone! Get exposure to other designers at different stages of their careers to explore the options available to you.
What do you mean by micro-meetup?
Meet in small groups to have close, meaningful, and relevant conversations that effect you today.
Who’s behind this?
The Designers Table was dreamt up by community builders Carlos Perez and Hana H. Carlos is an experienced designer and Hana is an experienced career coach.
Thank you to our sponsors and supporters
Would you like sponsor The Designers Table? Contact us for information.
Are there other tables?
Yes of course! If you think there should be another table, please reach out if you are interested in getting that started.
We value diversity and inclusivity.